How to Avoid Laptop Repairs Due to Overheating Issues?
What should you do to avoid overheating the laptop?
Should you really keep taking the temperature of our laptop in order to avoid overheating? Trust us, it’s easier than that. But, first things first! We need to first understand what goes behind that hood of the laptop that causes overheating and what the repercussions are.
What components in the laptop generate heat?
The heat generated by the laptop is due to the electromagnetic movement that takes place in the millions of circuits and the internal resistance that they encounter with each other. In fact, one might not have guessed, but it is the electricity that is the cause behind the heat. Why even the LEDs produce heat. But, as we know the fact that LEDs require minimal electrical energy, they emanate less heat.
• The Central Processing Unit (CPU) generates heat as it runs multiple algorithms at the same time
• The Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) which is the reason behind the 3D images for display also generates heat.
• Gaming causes high generation of the heat as they require GPUs to work like a horse to carry out complicated calculations. In fact, the GPUs are said to generate more heat than the CPUs.
• Then, the hard disk drives also generate a large amount of heat essentially when they are copying large files etcetera.
• Then, the optical disk drives, which also generate heat especially when running the DVDs as it puts the DVDs/CDs to motion and reads the content using the laser.
How to keep the temperature of your laptop in check?
As we already said, you don’t actually require a thermometer to keep the temperature of your laptop in check, but watching out for ideal temperature is however essential. The room temperature of 27° C is ideal for the laptop to optimize the performance. Else, the overheating can undeniably affect the functioning of the laptops.
How does the laptop deal with the high temperature?
The laptops are built to deal with the heat. The computers are fitted with a fan to cool the internal surroundings under the hood. In another step to cool down the overheating laptop, the motherboard instructs the applications running to slow down. In case, the laptop is generating the heat that is off-limits, it will also instruct the laptop to shut down to avoid the blow-up.
• Automatic shutdown, causing computers to freeze, minor calculations like as trivial as opening a browser is going wrong and taking too long.
• The continuous whirring of the fan is often the symbol of overheating.
• Lines are showing up on your laptop.
• The laptop abruptly shuts down.
• Bottom of the laptop is hot, where the RAM, fan and the battery are located.
Things to do to avoid overheating of the Laptop:
• Take a break.
• Place the laptop on a hard surface. Keeping the laptop on the lap can actually obstruct the air vent and overheats the system further.
• Buy a laptop cooler.
• Replace the battery if it is discharging too soon.
In order to avoid some serious damage to you and your laptop always keep the heat in check. For more information and Laptop Repair in Dubai, contact Techno Edge Systems LLC at 04-2513636 or visit our site: www.laptoprepairindubai.ae.