How to Remove Virus by Yourself and Deter Desktop Repair?
Keep the viruses at bay by having anti-virus software installed
Before the computer virus gets the best of you, having the ant-virus software is always a safe bet. However, if you are reading this blog, the odds are that your computer is down with a virus and you are trying tooth and nail to fix it. At Techno Edge Systems, we provide a comprehensive Desktop repair in Dubai and servicing which include anti-virus software installation, virus removal, software installations, and many more services.
Steps to remove a virus from a virus-affected computer
We advise you to try these steps in the case, you are tech-savvy. For, non-technical readers, we suggest you contact a nearest desktop repair service near you and have the malware removed.
1. The ideal time to make a computer virus-free is when it is dormant. Though many technicians suggest to login into safe mode, the “Winlogon” malware is capable of loading into Windows the moment you gain access to the OS. It hooks up as a file handler to any file and as soon as the file loads, the malware also gets loaded.
2. Disable the autorun feature of the USB drive as it could be infected already.
3. Then create a BartPE Recovery CD.
4. Insert the USB drive and boot to the BartPE Recovery CD.
5. Malware cannot damage the computer until it is loaded. Therefore, prevent it from loading by gaining safe access to the infected USB drive.
6. Check all the startup points for possible infection. The startup points are listed in the AutoStart Entry Points guide, which also lists the ShellOpen command keys.
7. Backup the registry as you might end up deleting an essential file.
8. Remove the malware with the help of anti-virus software.
9. Reset the settings for normal mode access.
10. Regain access to Registry, Task Manager.
11. Check the Folder Options menu.
12. Take steps to prevent re-infection by installing anti-virus software and keep the software updated.