How to Deal with Most Common Printer Repairs?
We handle all kinds of printer repairs in Dubai
Without any rhyme or reason, the printers stop working. And, these are the times when the even the top rank officials start to panic especially when they are running late for a meeting or in the middle of delivering a speech. For them, the most dreaded incident is the printer error message popping up when they least expect. In this blog, let’s see the most common printer issues and why the printers let us down so often. At Techno Edge Systems, we handle all kinds of Printer repair in Dubai.
Common Printer repairs that can make you panic
- Basic things first
Though these reasons might seem very trivial to you, believe it or not, they often go overlooked. Sometimes, even the most obvious reasons seem far-fetched. First and the foremost, check for the following reasons
- Is the printer switched on?
- Does it have the paper inserted and the toner intact?
- Is the power button switched on?
- Network printer won’t budge
Earlier when the printers in the network where connected by means of a physical cable, the level of troubleshooting were lower as compared to the wireless printers which are in the network. However, try the following steps before officially heading for a printer repair.
- Restart the printer and then check for the functionality.
- Check the printer connectivity in the network. Try to print the test sheet from the printer directly. If it still doesn’t move, the take the printer manual and check how to print a local test print. Once the printer is able to print a test sheet locally, check for the IP address which should be the same on all the connections in the network.
- Reconfigure the network settings of the printer after turning off and restarting the printer.
- Sometimes installing the special drivers is necessary after you reconfigure the network printer.
- USB Connected Printers not working
Start with the most trivial thing. Is the USB cable attached properly? Is the power button on? So and so forth … However, now comes the complicated part.
- On Windows, in Control Panel
Select ‘Printers’ -> Select ‘Add Printer’ button. Follow on-screen instructions.
- On Mac,
Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners. Check if the printer is present, else install the printer on Mac.
- In case, if the printer is still not showing up, change the USB cable or have it checked by a qualified technician.
- Printer not working after System Upgrade
At times, the printer stops working after operating system upgrades. During these times, you would need a new printer driver. You will have to check with the manufacturer if there are new drivers available.
- Paper Jams
There is a lot more to paper jams that it meets the eye. Sometimes, a pup of paper gets jammed in the printer which can lead to a paper jam.
- Try removing every bit of paper from the printer as every small bit can block the path and cause a paper
- In case the paper jams are too often, then try cleaning the printer using a special paper that is specially designed to clean rollers and other objects from the paper path